Sunday 9 June 2013

With-Out Wool (W.O.W.)

Believe it or not, I do occasionally make the odd non-woolly craft item. Controversial, I know...

This week's project has been a birthday present for my friend Chris. He and his girlfriend (my best friend Katy) are massive fans of 'It's A Wonderful Life' and I knew they would like a homage to this film for their new house.

In the film, George offers to 'lasso the moon' for Mary:


George Bailey: What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.
Mary: I'll take it. Then what?
George Bailey: Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair... am I talking too much?


Mary later draws a picture of what this incredible feat might look like.


It was this picture I have tried to recreate, and I have done it using some simple cross stitch. The drawing of the pattern was the most tricky part - the actual stitching was quite straightforward after that.

Here's my effort. Chris seemed to be quite happy with it, so that's all that counts really! Merry birthday, Chris.





No comments:

Post a Comment